Sunday, March 1, 2015

5 Questions with Marthia Sides



Marthia Sides (Bachelor of Music (Vocal Performance)) studied at Hartt from 1992 to 1996.  She is currently living in Nashville.


What have you been up to since you graduated from Hartt?

I went on to get my masters in Opera at Longy School of Music in Boston.  From there, I have been on TV, Film, Off-Broadway, sang with Carolina Opera, studied in Italy and toured the U.S.  I've released 4 radio singles and 2 Music Videos. (Check out my website bio for more info www.marthia.com.)

What are you involved with right now? 

I had a baby girl Feb. 28th 2014. She is 1 year old. Her name is Echo,  I got married Oct. 11th 2014 to Kevin Shaw. I am working on a few Variety Shows in Nashville and will start performing in March.

What is one of your most memorable things about your time at Hartt?

There were so many moments but the Vocal training was super important and something I will always remember.

What did you learn while at Hartt that you did not appreciate or recognize until after time passed and you had some time to reflect?

I grew up. I became an adult.

What is next for you?

Many things, but right now just juggling a family and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment