Monday, April 25, 2016

Enid Lynn Honored For Her Work Establishing the Hartt Dance Division

On Friday, April 22, 2016, Hartt honored Enid Lynn, co-founder of the Dance program at Hartt.  Enid directed the School of the Hartford Ballet prior to coming to Hartt and was an important figure in dance in Hartford and beyond.  On Friday, Enid was presented with the Fuller Award, which is the Hartt Board of Trustees' highest honor.  After a wonderful performance by the Hartt dance students, a reception for more than 100 people was held to celebrate Enid.  The other co-founder of the program is current Hartt Trustee, Peggy Lyman-Hayes, who is pictured (center) below with Enid and Stephen Pier, current Director of the Dance Division.  Congratulations, Enid!













Peggy Lyman-Hayes



Stephen Pier, Enid Lynn, Michael Menapace (Co-Chair, Hartt Board of Trustees), Clark Saunders (Interim Dean)


1 comment:

  1. Enid Lynn! I hope this gets to you. All I have to say is; Remember me? Remember A CHORUS LINE? One of your Hartford School of Ballet class pianists? I have periodically looked for you; I can't believe you're back in Hartford and have established a dance program at Hartt! I know that's at least 2 years ago now, but I hope this finds you well and can somehow be in touch with me. Best always, Eric B.

    ReplyDelete